2011/05/10

LG Cinema 3D TV – a perfect TV for you if you’re a graphic designer

Subhro Prakash Ghosh

Last Sunday I came back from my friend’s house and determined to write a story on a real fact I’ve myself experienced. I felt I should share with my regular readers. A few months back one of my closest friends, Vivek Dutta, a graphic designer working in an MNC and a hard-core freelancer shared his interest for buying a 3D TV. He often brings his own clients (with whom he freelances) at his own bungalow to give demonstration on the designing works he does; the reason why he was eager to buy a 3D TV. I had also taken him to attend the launch of Panasonic 3D TV in India last year and he was quite impressed with the performance of the product. He was almost prepared to buy the Panasonic 3D TV and started doing some researches and studies on it. While doing so, what he later explained me, he had encountered lots of major and minor problems related to the product that compelled him to change his mind.

According to Vivek, using 3D TV is very effective for the graphic designers, what he feels, specially if the person is associated with numerous graphic designing companies who want proper 3D result. If the final 3D content is not visualized on a 3D TV, the effort graphic designers give in making a 3D content is not recognized at full extent. Using 3D TV will also helps the designers to recognize the faults or flaws in their content and make the necessary modifications.

Newly launched LG Cinema 3D TV in India

A few days back I was in Mumbai just for a day to attend the first launch of LG’s Cinema 3D TV. I’ve already mentioned in my earlier article how much I’ve been benefited by seeing the practical demonstration of LG Cinema 3D TV, its performance and difference with other branded 3D TVs. Here, once again I’ll recite the similar points to make you once again understand the specialty of LG 3D TV, mainly for them who haven’t gone through my previous write-up on the trip to Mumbai.



LG spokespersons standing on a row


After declaring the official launch of the LG Cinema 3D TV in India, a lengthy presentation was given on the new product there, new FPR (film-type patterned retarder) technology adopted and the difference between FPR and SG (shutter glasses) technologies. SG is actually a conventional technology that is still being used by Samsung, Sony and Panasonic – the consumer durables brands earlier ventured into the retailing of 3D TV in India. At the demonstration zone, the new LG Cinema 3D TVs were showcased with other branded 3D TVs on an objective to demonstrate the drawbacks of SG technology. For example of some demonstrations – While sliding down the shutter glasses, the light got diminished completely, no object was seen. While experimented the same with FPR 3D glasses, there was no reduction in brightness and color quality. I had also practically seen at what rate flickering and image overlapping are common for shutter glasses, but in case of FPR Cinema 3D TV, no such problems occur. I had also seen the conversion of 2D to 3D content fantastically done by LG Cinema 3D TV. There a 3D game was constantly going on that recalled me of Vivek. Then I felt that if Vivek would have accompanied me, he would have surely been benefited.

3D Gaming on LG Cinema 3D TV
Thanks to my high tech Xperia 10 mobile, I was able to record lots of videos of ongoing demonstration. Vivek seemed to be very cheerful after going through all those videos I had captured and press release too. Then he simply said, “You’re really a lucky guy. Don’t worry, I promise I shall purchase a LG Cinema 3D TV as soon as I get a pending cheque from my client and we shall once again enjoy the Avatar movie together and booze.” He also said that he will show me lots of his 3D graphic cartoons and games, which he had shown me earlier on his laptop, to clearly understand the superiority of LG Cinema 3D TV and FPR 3D technology.
Last Sunday he just called me up to accompany him for visiting an electronic store. The store owner was known to Vivek. We had seen some models of LG Cinema 3D TV and some demonstrations. We also finalized the bargaining part before giving the final call. Now we’re only waiting for our free time to bring the product home.

6 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your experience Subhro. your story helped me to determine;which brand should I purchase. I will go for FPR 3d tv :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice article. I'v read your other articles over net. basically I'm your fan. however I visited a stores of LG and saw the demonstration. you know it's really gives flicker free and prominent images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are the disadvantages in IPS panel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dear,

    LG has been wonderful observant when it forayed into the giant league of 3D makers.And it has been a wonderful strategy in order to make its presence felt.The IPS paneled 3D TVs have been wonderful.If you talking about technology,the IPS (In Plane switching)is undisputed king.One can be pessimist and trying to find the loopholes but who does not crave and wish for a wide-angle view,coupled with the color high yield. IPS technologycould be compared with other panels,but the pendulum swings LG way when color reproduction and viewing angles is reviewed. The reaction time is very good, which makes them ideal for fast games and web browsing.A boon for graphic designer and no question when in comes to eye-care.

    As of now,I have yet to find any negative report about IPS panel,but if I find any,would surely update you.In short..the IPS is wonderful.Enjoy

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. This article is nicely written. A very well written guide to take care of your furnace.
    75 inch tv in dubai 2020

    ReplyDelete