2011/06/17

View the Aroma of Television

 Sneha Mundhra


Look right or left everywhere you may find 3D infused objects today, whether it is movies, televisions, or gaming. But, how about if you can sense smell too with great visuals? The researchers from University of California and Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology based out of Korea have been working on this ‘smell-o-vision’ concept for years now.

I know it seems trivial, if we give it a thought that who actually wants to smell the dish flashing on the TV screen. However, let’s not forget that smell is considered as a powerful tool, which can stimulate memories leaving an impact on its viewers. The aroma of cookies baking will surely bring your childhood memories back. Isn’t it? Recall those childhood days, when you and mommy used to whip cookies mixture and wait eagerly for the freshly baked cookies. Therefore, the smell power is the main reason of smell-o-vision to come into vision.

Talking about this technology, it will be a small device fixed behind the TV with an ability to blow out thousands of smells. In a way, it is a revolution that we will be able to receive an immersive experience and definitely, watching cookery shows will become more interesting now.

I hope the smell-o-vision will be launched soon, as I have just bought a new 3D TV and an addition of smell feature will make my experience incredible. My 3D TV has actually made my entertainment amazing than ever and it does not affect my eyes at all. The screen brightness is superb and gives me a facility to convert 2D content into 3D. The coolest part is that it is pocket friendly and hence, I would highly recommend LG 3D TV (being a tech freak) for all of you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment